Sunday, January 2, 2011

Stuck in The Middle review

I have officially completed my first book of 2011!  It was Stuck in the Middle (Sister to Sister #1) by Virginia Smith and is Christian Chick-Lit so it qualifies for both of my 2011 reading challenges. 
 I got this book for free on my nook so I wasn't sure what to expect from it.  Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised! 

Stuck in the Middle is about a woman named Joan who lives at home with her mother and grandmother.  Her life isn't really going anywhere and she feels very "stuck" in her current boring routine.  She is  frustrated with the lack of excitement she experiences compared to her two accomplished sisters, until a hot doctor moves in across the street.  She sets a personal goal to grow closer with God and get a date with her new neighbor in attempts to change her life.

I liked this book but I didn't love it.  It was a good story but nothing substantial really happened.  I connected with  the characters but I felt some of the things they said and did were unrealistic for their ages.  For example, 25-year-old women do not typically have to look up flirting tips on the internet.  I didn't really buy parts of it but I still enjoyed reading it and will probably read the next book in the series. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the book, and I appreciate your honest evaluation!

    Virginia Smith

    ReplyDelete