Monday, January 10, 2011

Book Review!

I recently completed another book for the Chick Lit challenge!  It was Not My Daughter by Barbara Delinsky.  If you haven't read it yet, I recommend it!  It was about high school senior girls who are best friends and decide to make a pregnancy pact.  They basically agree to all get pregnant and raise their children together.  (Crazy, I know!)  Their mothers are all friends and help each other deal with the huge decision their daughters have made.

I liked this book. The fact that a high school pregnancy pact recently made news headlines made this story much more believable for me. Otherwise I would have a very difficult time believing intelligent high school seniors could act so immaturely. Most of the characters annoyed me but I really did enjoy the story.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, if this hadn't actually happened, I might have a hard time swallowing the plot. But this is one I definitely want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this author... sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete