Sunday, December 12, 2010

Thirty Day Challenge-Day Eighteen

Okay so if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm determined to complete the thirty day challenge...just (obviously) not in thirty days.  I am going to continue to answer the questions when I can get to them.  However, now that I am done with class for a WHOLE MONTH, this task should be much easier!  

Day 18 Challenge: What is your current obsession?  Why?

Wow.  I have a few current obsessions actually.  #1 is definitely reading!  I have always loved to read but I go through phases where I read more than usual and this is one of them.  I am constantly on my goodreads account searching for more books to read to my "to-read" list or curling up to read whenever possible.  Why?  Well like I said, I have always loved to read.  I get completely lost in books and love everything about them from falling in love with the settings, characters, and the stories over all.  I love the accomplished feeling I get when I finish a good book and check it off my list online.  I need to buy a book shelf because I am slowly running out of book storing room in our tiny apartment!

My second obsession at the moment is shopping (embarrassed face!).  Something about the Christmas season and all of the sales I keep getting email reminders for makes me want to shop, shop, shop!  I love the thrill of finding a great deal or bargain.  I also love the feeling of wearing something new.  Still having about ten pounds to lose before I'm back to my old confident self, new clothing certainly makes me more confident in my appearance.  I also feel less worried about my upcoming student teaching semester and (hopefully!) new teaching job next year when I add to my teaching wardrobe.  These isn't much I can do to prepare for my future at this point...I just have to sit around and wait for jobs to open up to apply for.  However, I can control my teaching wardrobe and I plan to be 100% prepared in the one area that I can prepare for :)

You heard me right, I'm on winter break now for one whole month!  I have a few final assignments to turn in an an exit interview on Tuesday but after that it is just work and relaxation.  Oh, and lots of reading and shopping I suppose <3

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bri, new goodreads friend! I'm becoming obsessed with reading as well, especially since I got a Nook. Browsing goodreads is also addicting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should write a book. I challenge you to write one of your own someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer! Do you like your Nook? I'm considering getting one but I'm scared to give up actual books :(

    Natnary: I take that as a compliment :) Thanks! I have considered it and definitely might someday!

    ReplyDelete