Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Teacher clothes?

My new (I like to think justified) obsession? Shopping for teaching clothes! For those of you who are unaware, I am only 5 feet tall (uhh on a good day) and a size zero or extra small. It is VERY difficult to find cute, cheap, and professional clothes to wear as an elementary school teacher. Okay, so I am a super picky dresser/shopper/anything to do with fashion-er but still. I never expected it to be so hard to find clothes that meet the criteria. I look extremely young for my age (especially in clothing that covers my chest). I can't have parents mistaking me for students! Where do you buy your work clothes? Shop for me? Thanks :)
-Bri

PS let me add that although I am picky with clothing, I have never struggled to find clothes. I loooove shopping. This could be why the search for teachers clothes has frustrated me so much? I do not know.

2 comments:

  1. Ann Taylor Loft and Anthropologie were/are two of my favorite stores, including for "teacher" clothes -- especially since my first day working at the middle school I was asked for my hall pass :) Hopefully you won't have that problem in elementary school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that is exactly what I picture happening to me! Thanks for the advice :)

    ReplyDelete