Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Intro

Hello blog world! Although I tend to think of myself as "a writer", this is my very first blogging experience. I have always wanted to blog but have never seemed to get around to creating one for some reason. Anyways, some recent exciting changes in my life (more on those later) have led me to finally taking the plunge.

I am a twenty-year-old senior at The University of Maine at Farmington majoring in Elementary Education and concentrating in Language Arts. I love working with children and when I am not working hard as a full time student, I am hardly working :) Okay so I work often but my jobs are so much fun that they can barely be considered work if you ask me. I work as a substitute teacher at a daycare on campus in both the preschool and school age rooms. I am also a part/full time (depending on the week) nanny for the most well behaved and adorable children EVER. Don't believe me? This is Ava:

She is four years old and extremely mature for her age. Her current obsessions include princesses, learning to swim under water, and making movies of herself on my camera. Seriously though- she makes her own bed, is learning Spanish(via me), and always uses her manners. She calls me Miss Brianne <3
This is Thomas Quinn:

We usually call him Quinn for short, or sometimes even Q. He has recently discovered he can pull himself into a standing position and is crawling like crazy. I taught him to "dance" the other day-which includes bobbing his head and shaking his hands! :) Too cute.

Like I said, easiest jobs ever! The three of us spend most of our time at the beach, playground, or library. Their parents are so sweet. Example: today they sent me home with THREE bags full of food "just because". (Told you)

July 5th, 2010 I went to a Sea Dogs baseball game with my boyfriend Josh, his siblings, and their boyfriend and girlfriend. After the game there were fireworks and Josh whispered the sweetest words into my ear and got down on one knee. He asked me to marry him and of course I cried and said "yes"! He planned everything out and even had his sister prepared with a camera to capture the moment. Josh is my best friend and I honestly could not be more excited to marry him!

That is enough for now. I should get some sleep since I "work" 7-6 tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

-Bri



No comments:

Post a Comment